Cannabutter is probably going to be the most important thing you learn how to make. It’s usually the most essential ingredient in any edibles you choose to make. It’s pretty basic to make too, so take your time and learn how to do it right.
- 3 sticks of butter (Unsalted. Also make sure it’s not margarine.)
- ½ oz. or more of marijuana leafs (if you’re using buds, use less)
- 1 double broiler
- 1 large bowl
- 1 small bowl or container
- A strainer
- A grinder
- An old pair of pantyhose with the foot cut off.
- Prepare your Mary Jane (leaf or bud form.) Crush or grind your leaves into fine pieces. (I use a bud grinder but you can use your hand or a coffee grinder) The finer it’s ground, the easier it’s going to be for THC extraction.
- Add water to the bottom of your double broiler, and your butter in the top. (If you don’t have a broiler, you can use two pots, one smaller than the other. Same effect.) Heat on low until butter is melted.
- Add your ground kush to the completely melted butter. Let it cook for 30 minutes. Stirring every 5.
- Remove from the heat and let cool (about 15 minutes.) Pour through strainer into your large bowl. (This should get rid of any large pieces of leaf or bud.)
- If the butter is still hot, wear gloves (In other words.. Don’t be stupid, stupid.) Carefully pour butter in and squeeze over your small bowl. (If you have a cheesecloth, this is easier. Just soak the cloth in the butter and squeeze over the bowl) Repeat this as you feel necessary.
All done! If you’re not going to use it right away, store in the fridge. Stay lifted!